Sunday, May 26, 2013

Summer Learning!


Hello Super Stars :)


Well for the past couple of weeks I am trying to get ready for 2nd grade! Yikes! So I taught first grade this year and then next year I take the same class and teach them 2nd grade....confusing I know! I have been running around with my head cut off trying to get ready for summer school (my room - not me). That is soooo stressful taking everything down, cleaning through 2 grades of curriculum to make my space as welcoming as I possibly can make it for the teacher who will be in my room for summer school. I am really hoping she/he can reach my students who are struggling in a way I couldn't...urgh.

So in order to TRY to keep my students thinking through the summer I created a summer packet that is common core aligned and super fun but yet not super hard for summer fun.
Click here to check it out! 
I am just so excited to have the end of the year come. It was a tough one super stars! My school groups students based on their academic level (cough cough tracking) so I had the low group (they were almost 2 academic years behind when I got them). So it has been a great learning experience for this 2nd year teacher. I am excited to see these pumpkins through to 2nd grade and HOPEFULLY they will be ready for 3rd. Many a nights were spent crying this year - mostly feeling bad and sometimes feeling not good enough to help these kiddos. But as a good teacher - I hope - EVERY teacher feels this way at some  point :) But we carry on and do the best we can. Hopefully this packet makes sure they don't forget everything I taught them this year :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment